Wednesday, February 18, 2009

  March Book of the Month - Vote!

Input needed!

The book for March will be either:

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and Alison Anderson. It sounds like more of an 'ensemble cast' novel, rather than focusing on just one person, which I thought would be interesting, and was originally published in France. It was tremendously popular in Europe, and is here in paperback now. This one leans towards the heartfelt, philosophical, personal-connection side.

or

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Stewart. This is an adventure novel that I just finished reading with Josie, along with its sequel, and it's wonderfully fun. Four orphans go on an amazing trip to save the world from the evil Mr. Curtain, who is trying to take over the world using mind control. This would be a more lighthearted, quicker read, after the seriousness of Edgar Sawtelle.

So, which will it be? Or, we could do one this month, and one next. Questions for whichever is chosen will be posted during the week of March 15th. Vote until Sunday the 22nd!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

I pick "The Mysterious Benedict Society" only because it is at my local library and it is checked in, which means I would be able to participate in the discussion on time!

Fiona Picklebottom said...

Oh, I really liked "The Mysterious Benedict Society." I haven't posted my review of it yet. If it gets picked, I'll be interested to see what others say about it.

Follow Me on Pinterest
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Follow Me on Pinterest